Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Smooth(ie) Move


The best part of waking up is fruit and veggies in your cup. Sorry Foldgers. Also, does America really run on Dunkin or is it more like slowly dragging their feet? More people are becoming aware to the fact that drinking smoothies or juices for breakfast can help boost your metabolism and energy. Who has time to cook themselves breakfast these days anyway? That’s why Drive Thru’s are so popular! Smoothies can be even simpler (and healthier than anything you’re going to order at a fast food joint). Throw your favorite fruits and/or veggies in a blender and in seconds you have yourself a delicious breakfast. Easy to digest, but keeps you full until lunchtime. 

I make my smoothies with a variety of frozen fruits from Organic Farms, about a cup of almond milk, a scoop of vegan protein powder, and a few vitamin supplements. My favorite juice includes: spinach, kale, kiwi, and apple.

This article from Bliss.com sums everything up perfectly for beginners.

So remember, the only thing separating Don’t and Donut is U! Start your day off right with a smooth move.
Let me know what your favorite smoothie/juice is in the comments below! I love trying new combinations!

Writing this while I drink my Breakfast,

Cait

P.S. I also make a mean bowl of cereal if anyone wants some tips. It's all about that perfect milk-to-cereal ration if you know what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment